Saturday 25 December 2010

Fun with my Facebook profile page.

Recently I've seen a few screen shots about of people's new facebook profile pages where they've uploaded sections of photos and tagged them to show up across the top of their profile page to form a bigger picture. Some self portraits, some lovely landscapes, and so on. Well I thought I'd have a go, but with my own twist. I didn't know how others made their pages at the time so I developed my own way. What I did was take a screen shot of my profile page, paste in photoshop, cut out the images where I wanted my photos to show up which made little windows. I then slid my photo behind the windows and arranged how I wanted. Then I cut the images out and uploaded the pieces to facebook, tagging myself so they showed up on my profile page. This is my result:


Yes I know, I did it the hard way. If you'd like some easier ways to do this follow these links which people have since shared with me:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/facebook/8206661/How-to-hack-your-Facebook-profile-picture-a-step-by-step-guide-to-refacing-your-profile.html

http://picscatter.com/

If you have a go at this please feel free to share! You can leave a link to your photo in the comment section below or if you have a flickr account you can post it to the Odd Signs group I started here: http://www.flickr.com/groups/oddsigns/ If you are a member of DSLR User Magazine forum you can post your results to this thread: Facebook Photography Fun

No comments:

Post a Comment