Saturday 22 January 2011

Beyond the Lens - Expecting

Written by Tamara Kwan of TammyLynn Photography


There is nothing like the expected arrival of your first baby, or any baby for that matter. A lot of expecting mums choose to record the beauty of this time in their lives with a professional photo shoot either in a studio like the image I created above or with an environmental shoot like the one I shot below.

I think it’s wonderful that they are doing this, not only because I’m a photographer but because I’m a mother. 21 years ago, when I was a first time mother-to-be, I’d never heard of a special photo shoot for expectant mothers, whereas today it’s common place. I think that Annie Leibovitz’s Vanity Fair cover photo of Demi Moore might have something to do with this.

I do often wish I’d taken more photos of myself when I was pregnant now. Photographers have for a long time offered baby packages for young mothers to record the milestones of their babies’ growth. These days these packages start before the baby is born. I like to call it their first family portrait. J




...a moment in time to treasure forever...

Portraits, events, commercial, promotional, fantasy and fun. Bump to baby, home to office. Family Portraits, Special Occasions.  Create an image or capture a moment to treasure.
For Studio hire - The London Road Studio
For more information:
TammyLynn Photography
email: tammy@tammylynn.co.uk
Tamara (Tammy) Kwan 
Mobile: +44 (0) 7983 826508 (preferred)
Phone: +44 (0) 1453 766029

No comments:

Post a Comment