Tuesday 1 January 2013

New Year's Day Walk with Llamas


Jo with Llamas
Today was New Year's Day 2013 and we were invited to go on a Llama walk with Mark and Jo and friends. What a lovely day it was too, for a walk around the country side! Been a while since we've seen a bright sunny day. It was still a very wet and muddy walk though as the land is so water logged.

Peter with Latte
The last time +Peter and I went walking with the Llamas it rained the whole walk, so this was a very nice walk for us, though I did miss having my daughter +Alyssa with us this time. Next time my daughter +Sarah  comes for a visit we will definitely be going on another Llama walk. I highly recommend this for a family day out with older children. My daughters are both in their 20's now. :-)

Simon with Peanut, Howard with Spud, and Mark
The lanes were mostly quiet and the views across the valley were lovely. People did take notice of the Llamas and came out to take photos of us walking them. The Llama's were very well behaved and were only spooked a couple of times but never really gave us any worry. I think they quite liked their walk as they haven't been out in a while with all this rain and flooding we've been having. They do have quite a large field to roam around in though, so over all they are quite spoiled.

A War Horse (Dray?)
It wasn't all about Llamas on this walk though, we ran into several groups of horses along the way who came to the edges of their fields to say hi to us. There was a lovely gentleman on the walk with us who told me all about the horse above, but as I have a memory like a sieve I can't remember exactly what he told me. I do remember that he said this was a war horse, the type that a Knight would ride, a very strong horse. I think he said the horse was a Dray, or in the Dray family. What ever he was he sure was beautiful. He's also my new best friend. :-D

Howard with Spud... or ... A Man and his Llama
This was a most enjoyable day, spent with friends walking along the beautiful English country side in Horsley, Gloucestershire. A great start to the new year. :-)

Short video from the walk taken by my husband Peter with his mobile phone:

No comments:

Post a Comment