Monday 8 December 2008

Annual Cycle Carol Service in Cam

Today was the annual Cycle Carol Service at St. George's Church in Cam. I didn't take my camera so I don't have any photos from the day. **kicking self** We did have a lovely day though, starting with an early bike ride to the Cam Memorial Hall for hot water and then on to the Church to practice before the Service started. Sue and I cycled with Peter so that we'd get their ahead of our cycle club which was cycling a bit later. It was a freezing cold day and we had to watch out for ice on the roads. It was a lovely bright crisp morning though and I was very tempted to skip out on the service and run away with my camera for the day! But I didn't, I stuck with my husband Peter and the club. :-)


The church was packed full of Cyclist from all over the area. Cycle Clubs that I know were there were The Stonehouse Wheelers, Stroud Valleys CC (CTC), Bristol CTC, Cheltenham CTC, Gloucester City and Swindon CTC. It was a lovely service with our club President Eric Lewis doing a reading on behalf of our club. Also on behalf of our club Peter played the organ for each of the 6 carols and Sue sang a solo. Also there was Nicki on her trumpet from the Stroud Valleys accompanying Peter on the organ. I sat by Peter on his bench at the organ and helped him keep count versus and pulled a few stops for him. It was a lovely service and I enjoyed it.


After the service we all went back to the Cam Memorial Hall for snacks and hot drinks before setting off on our bikes back home. While there I sold a few Stonehouse Wheelers Calendars which we have produced for the past few years. Malcolm Jackson designs the calendars using photos from the club members of the club out cycling. This year, Peter and I were the only ones to submit photos. Here are a few screen shots of the calendar to give you an idea what it's like:


Peter took the above photo, I'm the one in red. :-)



I took the above photo, Peter is the second rider in this shot.




I took the above shot, Peter is second from the left. This was taken at the Clubs 60th Anniversary ride. Inset is a photo that was in the paper from the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment